Sign Up to Receive Text Message Notifications
with your library account activity on your mobile phone via text message.This
service is provided by Shoutbomb. Please note that while the Library does not
charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan
standard text messaging rates apply.
With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
- Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines that are added to your account.
- Send a text to renew an item. If the item is eligible for renewal, your text message will renew it. If the item is not eligible for renewal,your text will not renew it. Either result will be reported by text message.
- Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 9am.
If you have questions about Shoutbomb, or if you have trouble signing up, please contact your library.
What You Need
- A mobile phone
and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
- The barcode number from your Library card (ten digits, Dxxxxxxxxx), and the PIN for your library account.
- The PIN for your library account. If you don't know your Pin, please contact your library.
To get started, enter your information in the form below.
Mobile Phone Number:
Select Your Service Provider:
Library Card #:
If your mobile
phone provider isn't listed, please email
with the name of your mobile phone service provider and, if possible, we'll add
them to the list.
After you submit this form, Shoutbomb should text you a confirmation message within 10 minutes. You will need to reply with WEBCONFIRM then your PIN when prompted in a separate text. If you don't receive a confirmation message, text WEBCONFIRM to email@example.com to continue the process.
Alternatively, you can complete the entire sign up process with text messages. To sign up using just your mobile phone, text: SIGNUP to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Shoutbomb will text you back and ask for your library card number and PIN in separate texts.
Getting Started with Shoutbomb
Below are commands to help you get started using the Shoutbomb service. For a printable brochure of Shoutbomb instructions, please click here.
Basic Keyword Commands
You can text these
commands to email@example.com; follow any instructions that are texted back
- ADDCARD Register an additional Library card for text messages on your phone.
- DROPCARD Cancel text notices for a card added with ADDCARD.
- ZIPCODE ##### (Substitute your 5-digit zip code for #####.) Add your zip code to match your phone with your home library. For future features.
- TEST Test your connection to Shoutbomb.
- HELP Get information about all Shoutbomb commands.
- RESEND Get the last message from Shoutbomb again.
- QUIT Delete your mobile device from the Shoutbomb notice service.
Replying to Notices
notices will prompt you to respond with optional commands, including:
- HL Get a list of holds that are ready for pickup. (Holds notice.)
- RL Get a list of items you can renew. (Courtesy notice.)
- RA Renew all eligible items. (Courtesy notice.)
- OL Get a list of overdue items. (Overdue notice.)
To view and change your Shoutbomb message settings, text these commands:
- NOTICES See your current on/off status for each type of notice. Do this first!
- HOLDS Toggles your holds notices off/on.
- RENEW Toggles your courtesy notices (about items that are due soon) off/on.
- OVERDUE Toggles your overdue notices off/on.
- FEES Toggles your notices about fines and fees off/on.